Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Countdown is on...

With only 3 more days until I have to have the car packed and ready to go, it's fair to say I'm approaching this market with a fair degree of trepidation...  I have invested so much time and energy (not to mention money) into this venture that my worst fear would be to come home with almost as much stock as when I left that morning.  And I hate to say it, but it could happen.  I'm not sure how many people go to a market with a wad of cash in their pockets and are willing to shell out $100 or more on one item...  Fingers crossed they see the beauty and value in my rugs and are willing to pay what I think is a fair price.

Darling Hubby was hard at work yesterday making me a display ladder. It's not quite finished, but will work wonderfully.  He's quite handy when he puts his mind to it!

I've got my business cards ready to do (and I love my logo!), care instructions are copied and cut, order and receipt books are ready.  The only thing that I don't have organised is signage...  I'm planning on going to OfficeWorks to get an A2 sign made up with my logo on it, but I also have to sort out signs with pricing for each of my products.

Speaking of my products, they all have a name now:
  • Tag Blankies
  • Tummy Time Rug (1.0 x 1.0m)
  • Play Time Rug (1.5 x 1.5m)
  • Family Time Rug (1.5 x 2.0m)
I've been working hard the past couple of days and have the patchwork tops for about 12 rugs ready to go.  Now I just need to cut the backing and wadding while The Tornado is asleep.  Trying to do it while he's awake is a nightmare!  He knows that the rugs are for sitting on, so like a cat when you're trying to read a newspaper, he plonks himself right in the middle!  So cute, but not exactly conducive to getting anything done!  He also loves to grab handfuls of the wadding and pull it off in tufts, leaving it around the lounge room as a trail of destruction...

It's going to be a busy couple of days so I'll sign off for now.  The next post will hopefully be an exuberant one following a really successful market day.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bec - the best of luck for the weekend. I know your product is fabulous and I hope that the people at the market love them too.

    If you're worried about people not having cash, maybe you could offer a discount/free postage for people who order/buy a rug within the 2 weeks after the market?

    ReplyDelete