Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The getting of motivation...

It's funny how our moods can impact on our ability to get things done...

I've had a pretty tough couple of days with my little boy and as much as I have wanted to sit down at the sewing machine, I just haven't been able to.  Put it down to teething, a growth spurt, Wonder Week (what ever you like really) but the upshot is an 8mth old who has recently decided that sleep during the day is over rated and the best way to pass the time is in mum's arms or screaming if left alone.  Not fun for mum, that's for sure!

So, for now, the making of rugs has taken a back seat to the rebuilding of the mummy/bubby relationship that has taken an absolute beating of late.  As much as I'd like to be sewing, he simply won't let me...

So what have I been able to do whilst not at the sewing machine? 

I've finally applied for the registration of my business name.  As I mentioned in my last post the online registration process was a big fail for me, so I've done it the old fashioned way and hopefully when a human takes a look at it there will be no issues.

I'm still waiting to hear from Sugar and Spice Children's Market to see whether I have a spot at Woodend in December.  And I have to send a big 'Thank-you' to Lisa who told me about a new childrens' market starting up in the Eltham area - one for me to investigate a little more.

Spotlight have a sale on and lucky for me some of the materials I use in my rugs are reduced.  I'd love to get over there today, but it's just not going to happen.  Hopefully tomorrow after work...  I'm also chasing bulk purchases on eBay.  The only problem with that is that once you factor in the postage, the price isn't quite as good per meter as it initially looked...

Any way, it's all a learning curve!  Hopefully the little guy decides soon that he's happy for mummy to start having some time to sew and the rugs will start covering my lounge room floor again!  In the meantime it might be a good opportunity for me to vaccum the threads off the carpet...

No comments:

Post a Comment