Monday, November 15, 2010

Just getting better and better!

Please excuse the short, sharp post but I have to share the awesome news I just got...

Piccaninny Rugs is now an officially registered business name in Victoria!  Woo hoo!!  I've been waiting for several weeks for this news, been rejected numerous times in the online application, rejected from my hard copy application, requested a review of the decision and now, finally, SUCCESS!!!

This means that my enthusiasm has gone up a gear and I'm revved up and ready to conquer the world! (well, Woodend for now will do!)

I had a pretty productive weekend of sewing with 3 rugs made (not the 4 that I had hoped in my Face Book post) and 8 Tag Blankies in various colours and with a range of embellishments for tactile bubs.  It was rather interesting trying to sew with Darling Son (not Monster Head today) crawling around the room now affectionately known as The Sweat Shop.  He has a love affair with the peddle for the sewing machine and loves nothing more than to press down on it or give it a good chewing on.  That's all well and good when the machine is turned off, but if I'm pinning or cutting and have forgotten to flick the switch I get a nasty tangle of thread inside the bobbin run as he delights in hearing the whirring noise created by his actions!  To circumvent this, I realised that I can get a good inner thigh workout and sew at the same time (and avoid the tangled thread) if I operate the peddle, not with my foot, but between my knees.  It took some time to perfect, and I can't get the machine going as quickly as by foot, but it works.  I guess being able to squeeze the peddle harder and thus have the machine sew more quickly will come with the added toning that my thighs will be getting!

And in more good news, Spotlight is having a sale on one of the fabrics that is a major part of my rugs, so I get 30% off the RRP of that!  That means I'll be saving of over $100 for a whole roll (which I have put away for me ready to collect tomorrow!)

Now I have to apply for an ABN to go with my Registered Business name and it's all official!  Exciting but scary at the same time...

Got to get back to the sewing machine... I have a rug half made and a baby who is in a surprisingly good mood...  Time to take advantage of that!

(and if anyone from Blogger is reading this, a sensational addition to the blogs would be the ability to add some emoticons!  I just can't convey my excitement without them!)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. Such an achievement to officially have your own business up and running!

    ReplyDelete